Wound care malpractice cases can harm your reputation and bottom line. It’s important that healthcare practices use the latest technology to ensure the most accurate reporting, especially when adapting to telemedicine appointments.
How can you ensure you have accurate capturing and reporting? Turn to CarePICS. The CarePICS virtual hub provides the most precise measurements and documentation possible to safeguard wound care providers from malpractice cases.
Are You at Risk for a Malpractice Suit?
Wound care has increasingly been recognized as a critical specialty in recent years.
“The number of elderly and obese people living with chronic conditions like diabetes and heart disease keeps rising,” says Dr. Chris Bromley, President and Chief Medical Officer of CarePICS. “Those conditions escalate the likelihood of acute and chronic wounds.”
But this paradigm shift brings its own unique challenges. Wound care clinicians face compliance concerns, patient miscommunication, incomplete or missing documentation, and more — which can lead to malpractice suits.
Those issues are compounded by new procedures and products for wound care treatment that can cause privacy violations. For example, taking an image with your smartphone and sending it to a colleague through unsecured channels is a significant healthcare violation. Telemedicine also has its own federal and state regulatory requirements and patient-physician pitfalls.
CarePICS’ Robust Accuracy and Documentation Capabilities
CarePICS is a valuable asset in navigating a malpractice suit. The HIPAA-compliant web and mobile app delivers powerful accuracy and documentation capabilities, such as:
- Eliminating contradictory paper trails so patient records can be created and retrieved in a user-friendly electronic format
- Digitally storing imaging and corresponding reports in a cloud-based, HIPAA-compliant server
- Interfacing with electronic medical record (EMR) systems, even with practices who don’t currently use CarePICS
- Time-tracking all interactions between patient and physician
- Providing a secure method to send voice, text, still photos and streaming images
- Empowering collaboration between physicians and specialists to determine a more accurate diagnosis or treatment next steps
“The technology’s robust functionalities can decrease inaccurate assessments, reduce errors and eliminate confusion with an easily accessible audit trail,” says Dr. Bromley. “You’ll be able to avoid or be prepared to defend yourself against any malpractice suits.”
For more information
Visit the CarePICS website to learn more about how the virtual hub technology can protect you and your practice from litigation — while improving patient outcomes and reimbursement opportunities.
CarePICS® is a HIPAA-compliant telehealth platform designed to manage vascular disease and wound care patients. CarePICS enables virtual consults, telehealth visits, clinical image reporting, and automated medical supply ordering.