Digital Innovation Initiative
Now Open To All APMA Members!
APMA is committed to helping our members overcome challenges to practice and provide outstanding patient care. To that end, APMA invites you to enlist in SL², a program that uses digital health technology to improve coordination between podiatrists and vascular specialists, with the goal of reducing amputations and saving lives.
Sylvia Virbulis, DPM
President, American Podiatric Medical Association
Your enrollment in SL² entails use of the CarePICS mobile and desktop software to support best practices in wound care, including collaboration with your peers in the vascular community.
There is no cost to you.
CarePICS offers a broad array of capabilities:
- Wound image capture paired with simple automated measurement and surface area trending
- Improved wound documentation consistent with CMS guidelines
- Billable electronic consults with vascular physicians for triage of high-risk patients
- Streamlined electronic referrals for ease of communication with other physicians and timely transitions of care
- Simplified ordering of wound dressings, CTP and NPWT, including requirements for LCD
- Patient-facing mobile app for image sharing, messaging, televisits and more (many interactions may be reimbursable, depending on payer)
- Support for MIPS measure REGCLR6 (chronic wound healing), including registry submission